“Teaching and writing is like laying your soul bare before the board of the judgment society that determines your fate after you are gone. We welcome research. In reality, those doing research on our research are reaping the benefits of our research.We most often suffer the tears of failure. A technique must live by criticism and when such is well meant and constructive, it is useful. Often in the past it was totally destructive by intent. All mankind resists improvement.”
—DeJarnette, MB. Sacro Occipital Technic Bulletin 1925 to 1985. Apr 1985
Arthur Schopenhauer, a 19th Century German philosopher, noted that “every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second, it is violently opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident.”
SOTO-USA is dedicated to bringing you the most updated and comprehensive research relating to Sacro Occipital Technique (SOT). Research is the future of chiropractic and SOT. Publishing this research sets the foundation for the future of SOT and protects its future worldwide.
Major Bertrand DeJarnette, DC, DO 1889 – 1992 – click here
This Section’s Contents
Articles Relating to the History of Sacro Occipital Technique (SOT)
SOT Bulletins by Dr. Major Bertrand DeJarnette
SOT Articles Written by Dr. Major Bertrand DeJarnette
SOT Video Demonstrations by Dr.DeJarnette
SOT Peer Review Related Papers – click here
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Other Published SOT Related Articles
Anatomical variants in the sciatic foramina and their relationship to piriformis muscle syndrome, Proceedings of the 2005 International Research and Philosophy Symposium
Blum CL | Sherman College of Chiropractic, Spartanburg, SC | Oct 22-23, 2005: 42-3 INTRODUCTION: The piriformis muscle syndrome is a condition relating to irritation of the sciatic nerve either directly or indirectly as it passes through the sciatic notch adjacent...
SOT Position Statements – click here
- Chiropractic Manipulative Reflex Technique (CMRT)
- SOTO-USA’s Dental Chiropractic Position Statement 2004
- Chiropractic Technique Summary: Sacro Occipital Technique (SOT) – ChiroACCESS Article – 2011
- Chiropractic Scope of Practice: Update 2003
- The Relationship Between the Spine, Cranium and TMJ
- Nasal Cranial Release Technique (NCRT) / Cranial Facial Release (CFR)
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction and SOT
How to Write for Research Publication
- Review this page for information about writing a case report
- Case Report “Fill-in the Blanks” Checklist
- Case Report Patient Consent Form
- Case reports: an important contribution to chiropractic literature
- Submit a Case Report to the Annual SOT Research Conference
- Become Certified by the NIH Office of Extramural Research in How to Protect Human Research Subjects
Research Conference Archives
- SOT Research Conference Abstracts
- ACC Research Conference Abstracts
- COCA Research Conference Abstracts
- ECU Research Conference Abstracts
- IRAPS Research Conference Abstracts
- Interdisciplinary Research Conferences’ Abstracts
- WFC Biennial Research Conference Abstracts
- World Congress on Low Back & Pelvic Pain Research Conference Abstracts
SOT Related Videos – click here
- 9th Annual SOT Research Conference Presentations – Videos
- 8th Annual SOT Research Conference Presentations – Videos
- 7th Annual SOT Research Conference Presentations – Videos
- 6th Annual SOT Research Conference Presentations – Videos
- 4th Annual SOT Research Conference Presentations – Videos
- Steven Olmos, DDS is Interviewed About Dental Chiropractic Co-Treatment
- Meet Dr. DeJarnette – Cranial Examination and Treatment
Browse hundreds of additional SOT related articles covering a broad range of topics. This valuable collection of materials includes information related to Applied Kinesiology, ALS, Cystic Fibrosis, Multiple Sclerosis and much more.
Quadriplegia after Chiropractic Manipulation in an Infant with Congenital Torticollis Caused by a Spinal Cord Astrocytoma
Shafrir Y, Kaufman, B Journal of Pediatrics Feb 1992; 120: 266-9 ABSTRACT: An infant with congenital torticollis underwent chiropractic and within a few hours had respiratory insufficiency, seizures, and quadriplegia. A holocord astrocytoma, with extensive acute...
KASSAK, K.; MEYER, J.; PHILLIPS, C. PROCEEDINGS OF THE INT’L CONFERENCE ON SPINAL MANI 1993: 106 ABSTRACT: One of the major concerns facing the health care industry today is the effectiveness of procedures and programs often utilized. In many instances it has been...
ARCADI, V PROCEEDINGS OF THE NATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CHIROPRACTIC 1993 OCT: 18-22 ABSTRACT: In a clinical setting, 1,000 newborns were observed and treated (ages hour to 21 days), for failure and/or difficulty with breast feeding. In 800 or 80%, birth induced...