For those ready for their SOT (CSP) or Cranial (CSCP) Certification Examination, we are anticipating holding certification examinatnions on Friday October 25, 2019. More information to follow shortly. The SOT Research and Clinical Conference will be held in San Jose, California Saturday October 26th and Sunday October 27th, 2019.
To register please contact the main SOTO-USA office in North Carolina email@example.com | 336-793-6524, sending copies of your diploma and state license along with the $250 exam fee. Also to receive information about how to prepare for the examination please email Dr. Blum at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Klingensmith email@example.com for the pdf brochure.
Frequently Asked Questions
(Click to Expand)
Why Get Certified?
Certification validates your many years of practice and study and allows you to market your practice in a whole new way. You will be included in our database of Certified SOT and SOT Cranial Practitioners, and will therefore be eligible for many more patient referrals and professional contacts worldwide.
How Do You Do It?
1. Maintain your SOTO-USA membership and your state licensure (students: proof of chiropractic college matriculation).
2. Complete all necessary course work: • CSP (Certified SOT Practitioner): SOT Levels One and Two (the three categories–analysis and treatment), SOT Level One Extremity Technique, and SOT Level One Chiropractic Manipulative Reflex Technique (CMRT). Reference texts are the SOTO-USA’s 2006 SOT Manual (Monk), SOT Extremity Manual (Monk), and CMRT Manual (Blum), as well as the 1984 DeJarnette SOT Text. • CSCP (Certified SOT Cranial Practitioner): Cranial Levels 1, 2, 3 and 4, or their equivalents. (This comprises an overview of cranial anatomy and physiology, cranial and sphenobasilar ranges of motion, current TMD theory and dental co-treatment, and all DeJarnette techniques for the correction of cranial lesions.) Certification in SOT (CSP) is a prerequisite. Reference texts are SOTO-USA’s 2006 SOT Manual, SOT Extremity CMRT Manual. The basis for the examination will be SOTO-USA Cranial Levels One, Two, Three, and Cranial Intraoral manuals.
3. The doctor fee for each exam is $250, payable to SOTO-USA at the time you submit your documentation of completed courses, copies of your chiropractic college diploma and state license. (To pay fee for exam, see below.)
4. The student fee for the CSP written exam is $75, payable to SOTO-USA at the time you submit your documentation of completed courses and proof of your chiropractic college attendance. Passing of this written examination will give the student a CSP proficiency rating and upon graduation the recent graduate can take the practical examination and pay the remaining $175 to receive full CSP certification status (To pay fee for exams, see below.) • CSSPR (Certified SOT Student Proficiency Rating): Four specific classes are needed: (1-2) SOT Levels One and Two (the three categories–analysis and treatment), (3) SOT Level One Extremity Technique, and (4) SOT Level One Chiropractic Manipulative Reflex Technique (CMRT). Reference texts are the SOTO-USA’s 2006 SOT Manual (Monk), SOT Extremity Manual (Monk), and CMRT Manual (Blum), as well as the 1984 DeJarnette SOT Text.
How Do I Maintain My Certification Status?
2. Attend, at a minimum, one SOTO-USA Clinical Symposium within three consecutive years.
Need More Information?
Scroll down to pay examination registration fee.
If You Plan On Paying Registration Fee Online
Use the Pay Pal link below to send the appropriate registration fee to SOTO-USA. Please note that your examination registration will not be approved with SOTO-USA until notice of payment from Pay Pal is sent to our main office. Payment with Pay Pal will include a transaction fee (called a “shipping charge”).
Make sure your membership is up to date and contact Dr. Christine Benner at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you are registering for the SOT or Cranial Examination.
If you prefer to save on PayPal fees as well as receive a direct confirmation, please call the SOTO-USA main office at 336-793-6524.