SOT and SOT Cranial Certification Examinations are being given at the Interdisciplinary Cranial TMJ Conference
Sign up by March 31, 2017 if you will be taking the SOT or SOT Cranial Certification Examination
Frequently Asked Questions
(Click to Expand)
Why Get Certified?
Certification validates your many years of practice and study and allows you to market your practice in a whole new way. You will be included in our database of Certified SOT and SOT Cranial Practitioners, and will therefore be eligible for many more patient referrals and professional contacts worldwide.
How Do You Do It?
1. Maintain your SOTO-USA membership and your state licensure (students: proof of chiropractic college matriculation).
2. Complete all necessary course work: • CSP (Certified SOT Practitioner): SOT Levels One and Two (the three categories–analysis and treatment), SOT Level One Extremity Technique, and SOT Level One Chiropractic Manipulative Reflex Technique (CMRT). Reference texts are the SOTO-USA’s 2006 SOT Manual (Monk), SOT Extremity Manual (Monk), and CMRT Manual (Blum), as well as the 1984 DeJarnette SOT Text. • CSCP (Certified SOT Cranial Practitioner): Cranial Levels 1, 2, 3 and 4, or their equivalents. (This comprises an overview of cranial anatomy and physiology, cranial and sphenobasilar ranges of motion, current TMD theory and dental co-treatment, and all DeJarnette techniques for the correction of cranial lesions.) Certification in SOT (CSP) is a prerequisite. Reference texts are SOTO-USA’s 2006 SOT Manual, SOT Extremity CMRT Manual. The basis for the examination will be SOTO-USA Cranial Levels One, Two, Three, and Cranial Intraoral manuals.• CSPP (Certified SOT Pediatric Practitioner): SOT and Cranial Pediatrics Level I, SOT and Cranial Pediatrics Level II, and SOT Integration Pediatrics Level I. (Certification in Cranial SOT (CSCP) is a prerequisite.) Reference texts are SOTO-USA’s 2006 SOT Manual, SOT Extremity Manual, CMRT Manual. Also for the examination will be SOTO-USA Cranial Levels One, Two, Three, and Cranial Intraoral manuals. The basis for the examination will be SOTO-USA’s SOT Pediatrics I: Participant Guide and SOT Cranial Pediatrics II Manuals.
3. The doctor fee for each exam is $250, payable to SOTO-USA at the time you submit your documentation of completed courses, copies of your chiropractic college diploma and state license. (To pay fee for exam, see below.)
4. The student fee for the CSP written exam is $75, payable to SOTO-USA at the time you submit your documentation of completed courses and proof of your chiropractic college attendance. Passing of this written examination will give the student a CSP proficiency rating and upon graduation the recent graduate can take the practical examination and pay the remaining $175 to receive full CSP certification status (To pay fee for exams, see below.) • CSSPR (Certified SOT Student Proficiency Rating): Four specific classes are needed: (1-2) SOT Levels One and Two (the three categories–analysis and treatment), (3) SOT Level One Extremity Technique, and (4) SOT Level One Chiropractic Manipulative Reflex Technique (CMRT). Reference texts are the SOTO-USA’s 2006 SOT Manual (Monk), SOT Extremity Manual (Monk), and CMRT Manual (Blum), as well as the 1984 DeJarnette SOT Text.
How Do I Maintain My Certification Status?
2. Attend, at a minimum, one SOTO-USA Clinical Symposium within three consecutive years.
Need More Information?
For further information on the SOTO-USA Certification process or to register for the required regional seminars you may call 781-237-6673 or at, or contact certification chair Dr. Christine Benner at
Scroll down to pay examination registration fee.
If You Plan On Paying Registration Fee Online
Use the Pay Pal link below to send the appropriate registration fee to SOTO-USA. Please note that your examination registration will not be approved with SOTO-USA until notice of payment from Pay Pal is sent to our main office. Payment with Pay Pal will include a transaction fee (called a “shipping charge”).
$75.00 – $250.00
Make sure your membership is up to date and contact Dr. Christine Benner at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you are registering for the SOT or Cranial Examination.
If you prefer to save on PayPal fees as well as receive a direct confirmation, please call the SOTO-USA main office at 336-793-6524.